View in Japanese
Screen for print
City-Yuwa Partners advises domestic/foreign insurance companies, insurance agents and insurance brokers on a wide range of issues in relation to insurance business.
City-Yuwa has broad experience in various aspects of insurance business, including:
- Advising clients on various regulatory issues under Insurance Business Law of Japan including compliance with regulations on insurance solicitations, captive insurance, re-insurance, compliance with anti-money laundering regulations;
- Advising and representing clients in filing proceedings for permission or license for launching new business or new products;
- Acting as a legal advisor for the Life Insurance Association of Japan with regard to handling complaints relating to protection of personal information;
- Advising clients on structuring of insurance risk derivatives subject to the Financial Instruments and Exchange Law of Japan;
- Advising clients on political risk insurance and credit risk insurance for foreign project finance matters;
- Advising clients on divestment of insurance business in Japan, restructuring of insurance group business, and participation in foreign insurance business;
- Acting as a member of mediation review panel of the General Insurance Association of Japan;
- Acting as an attorney in charge of consultation at the Japan Center for Settlement of Traffic Accident Disputes.
- January 26, 2010 - Haruyuki Hirata and Izumi Nakayama gave lectures on the subject of "Act on Protection of Private Information" at a seminar held by The Life Insurance Association of Japan.
- March 11, 2009 - Izumi Nakayama gave a lecture on "Act on the Protection of Personal Information" at the seminar held by The General Insurance Association of Japan.
- March 6, 2009 - Yasuyuki Kuribayashi gave a lecture on "The Amendment to Insurance Business Law, and Actions to be taken by Insurance Companies" at the seminar held by Banking & Securities Research Co., Ltd.
- Corporate and Commercial
- Finance, Securities and Insurance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Intellectual Property and Information Technology
- Labor and Employment
- Antitrust and Competition