- 2005, Japan
SUZUKI, Ryo is an experienced consultant who has worked for the national and local governments in PPP/PFI/Concessions related to infrastructure projects such as airports and gas projects. In addition, he is also engaged in various projects of listed companies, such as a series of procedures including the operation of a third-party committee to convert a listed subsidiary into a wholly owned subsidiary, a tender offer for a hostile takeover, and financing through a third-party allocation. He is also experienced in litigation and legal counseling for various industries such as financial institutions and real estate agents, bankruptcy trust business for individuals and companies, and bankruptcy and civil rehabilitation filings. Furthermore, he has also conducted valuable consultations regarding family law matters, such as divorce and inheritance.
In this way, as a specialist who is often called a generalist, he says “I duly perceive my clients’ objectives and effectively engage with them on a regular basis in different capacities, projects and matters in order to assist them in any and all situations.”
- General Corporate
- Corporate Governance / Shareholders Meetings
- Emerging Companies Practice Law
- Banking and Other Financial Transactions
- Capital Markets
- Structured Finance, Acquisition Finance and Securitization
- Project Finance
- Venture Capital / Private Equity
- Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate Transactions
- Real Estate Dispute
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- General Civil Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Debt Collection and Enforcement
- Family Law
- General Consultations on Personnel and Labor Matters
- Labor Litigation and Arbitration
- Fashion and Retail
- Probate / Estates / Wealth Management
- Infrastructure / PFI / PPP
Professional Background / Education
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
- Seed Law Office
- SATO & Partners
- 2021 to Present
- City-Yuwa Partners
- The University of Tokyo (LL.B.)
- Legal Training and Research Institute
- Infrastructure / PFI / PPP
- As an advisor to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, provided support for the competition procedures for the Kumamoto Airport Concession Project (airport concession project).
- As an advisor to Otsu City, provided support for the competition procedures in the qualified project, etc. for operation of Otsu City gas (gas concession project).
- As an advisor to Miura City, provided support for the competition procedures in the operation project for Miura City public wastewater (eastern disposal area) (sewerage concession project).
- Supported competition procedures mainly as an advisor to the public entity in various PPP/PFI projects (including DBO).
- Advised many companies on the nature of a joint-stock company that emphasizes the public interest, including the expansion of natural capital.
- Assisted a company listed on the First Section (current Prime Market) of the Tokyo Stock Exchange in its tender offer procedures in a hostile takeover.
- Assisted a company listed on the First Section (current Prime Market) of the Tokyo Stock Exchange in a series of procedures for making a business subsidiary a wholly owned subsidiary, including the operation of a special committee.
Seminarsseminar“Overview of ‘public interest-oriented’ company forms in Europe and the United States, and key points for their promotion in Japan”Ryo SuzukiAugust, 2022Practices : Environmental Law Infrastructure / PFI / PPP
Seminarsseminar“The basics and key points for the business promotion of PPI/PFI/Concession”Ryo SuzukiMay, 2022Practices : Infrastructure / PFI / PPP
Seminarsseminar“A tentative scheme and summary of the salient points for the promotion of ‘Natural Capital Business Models’ such as ‘Green Infrastructure'”Ryo SuzukiMay, 2022Practices : Environmental Law Infrastructure / PFI / PPP
Seminarsseminar“A tentative scheme and summary of issues for the promotion of ‘Natural Capital Business Models’ such as ‘Green Infrastructure'”Ryo SuzukiFebruary, 2022Practices : Environmental Law Infrastructure / PFI / PPP