- July 27, 2022
- Yasuyuki Kuribayashi and Takashi Saito wrote an article entitled "Changes ahead for electronic payment instruments in Japan" (PDF) which appeared in IFLR Asia Fintech Special Focus 2022.
- July 25, 2022
- Masamichi Sakamoto and Kentaro Sawata co-authored article "Getting the Deal Through - Private Banking & Wealth Management 2023 (Japan Chapter)" (PDF) for Getting the Deal Through - Private Banking & Wealth Management 2023, published by Law Business Research in July 2022.
- July 20, 2022
- Yoko Maeda served as a keynote speaker and panelist during the seminar entitled “Activating Commercial Mediation for Amicable Commercial Dispute Resolution Based on Actual Cases – the Role of Mediators in Reaching a Satisfactory Settlement” jointly organized by Japan International Mediation Center (JIMC) and Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (JCAA).
- July 15, 2022
- Hitomi Sakai has been recognized as "Ranked Individual" in Private Wealth Law-Japan by Chambers HNW Guide 2022.
- July 9, 2022
- Mika Okada acted as a moderator for a joint workshop for Industry-Government-Academia Collaboration WG and Healthcare WG at the 2022 Annual Meeting of the Licensing Executives Society Japan, "Unraveling the stories of academia and industry and exploring new co-creation possibilities - focus on the healthcare field".
- July 1, 2022
- Sayako Tsukamoto has been promoted to Partners of the Firm.
- June 30, 2022
- Yoko Maeda will participate as a speaker in the event entitled "IPBA Arbitration Day 2022: International Arbitration in the Endemic Age" hosted by the Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA) (August 31, 2022).
- June 23, 2022
- Yoko Maeda has been recognized as a "Future Star" for International Arbitration by Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific & China 2022 Edition －the guide to the region’s leading dispute resolution law firms and lawyers published by Euromoney Institutional Investor (Jersey) Ltd (June 2022).
- June 23, 2022
- Christopher T. Rathbone, admitted to the Massachusetts Bar, has joined the Firm.
- June 22, 2022
- Yoko Maeda participated as a speaker in the webinar entitled, "The 7th ICC Asia-Pacific Conference on International Arbitration - Ready, Set, Debate!", hosted by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- June 9, 2022
- Mr. Hitoshi Sakai’s passing
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of our partner, Hitoshi Sakai, on June 6, 2022. Mr. Sakai was one of the most active members in our cross-border transactions and dispute resolution practice.
We will all deeply miss him as a colleague and friend. We wish to express our sincerest condolences to his family.
- June 9, 2022
- Mr. Mikio Tanaka’s passing
It is with great sadness that we inform you of the passing of our partner, Mikio Tanaka, on June 1, 2022, while on a business trip abroad. Mr. Tanaka made tremendous contributions to his clients with his unparalleled experience and wisdom in cross-border transactions and dispute resolution, especially those between Germany and Japan.
We will all miss him more than words can express. Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to his family at this most difficult of times.
- May 23, 2022
- Yoko Maeda participated as a speaker in the video series entitled, "Addressing the Dispute Resolution Challenges of Japanese Companies Doing Business in ASEAN", co-produced by ASEAN-Japan Centre (AJC), Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) and Singapore International Mediation Centre (SIMC).
- May 20, 2022
- Ryoko Takeda wrote an article titled "Range of legitimate expenses for training and education paid in connection with business conducted by individuals – based on the 22 May 2020 Osaka High Court Decision" published by the Japan Tax Research Institute (Public Interest Incorporated Foundation).
- May 2, 2022
- Hidetomo Futami has joined the Firm as a Partner.
- May 1, 2022
- Hiroaki Matsunaga wrote an article entitled, "UK: The case in which a monopolistic bulk mail delivery provider has declared to an entrant that it will change the pricing structure for access to delivery services is an example of an abuse of dominant position under Article 18 of the UK Competition Act 1998 and Article 102 of the EU Treaty on the Functioning of European Union" for NBL No. 1217.