Every enterprise must understand trade laws for planning and implementing global investment strategy, establishing facilities of manufacture and services facilities in foreign countries and international supply chain, and complying with economic security regulations.
We have the team structure to provide appropriate solutions in an efficient and prompt manner for various trade law issues such as the followings, having lawyers and other specialists who have been specialized in this area for more than 20 years with sufficient practical skills and knowledge:
- analysis and advice on consistency of domestic or foreign laws or regulations or governmental actions with WTO, TPP/RCEP, EPA/FTA and other international treaties;
- analysis and advice on export/import control, economic sanction, outbound/inbound investment restrictions, cyber security regulations, foreign exchange control, and other economic security issues, and assistance of relevant applications, filings, notifications and explanations to, negotiation with, and responding investigations by, the relevant governmental agencies;
- analysis and advice on establishment of supply chain and shareholding structures based on the analysis on export/import controls, investment restrictions, and relevant investment treaties in Japan and foreign countries, and assistance in relevant procedures;
- responding to anti-dumping, CVD and other trade remedy investigations in Japan;
- responding to anti-dumping, CVD and other trade remedy investigations in China based on cooperation with reliable Chinese law firms;
- analysis and advice on cyber security laws and personal information protection laws in Japan and foreign countries, and assistance in structuring a global system for protection of personal information, and assistance in relevant procedures.
Attorneys handling this practices
Related papers, books, newsletters, etc.
SeminarsWorld Law Group Asia Pacific Regional ConferenceCurrent Status of TPP Negotiations from the Viewpoint of a Japanese LawyerHitoshi SakaiMarch 2, 2013Practices : International Trade
Books“Business Opportunities and the Government Procurement Agreement”Yoshitada OgisoJanuary 1997Practices : Foreign Direct Investment International Trade