- 2011, Japan
Professional Background / Education
- The Tokyo-Marunouchi Law Offices
- 2013 to Present
- City-Yuwa Partners
- Hitotsubashi University (LL.B.)
- Hitotsubashi University Law School (J.D.)
- Legal Training and Research Institute
- University of Cologne (LL.M. in German civil and corporate laws)
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Supported foreign companies entering Japan and Japanese companies expanding overseas.
- Cross-Border Transactions
- Supported foreign companies in negotiating various types of contracts, including M&A, various types of licenses, establishment of international distribution networks and their dissolution, and other non-routine contracts.
- German Practice
- Handled a wide range of Germany-related legal matters, including contract dispute resolution, general labor consultation such as handling labor disputes and drafting various regulations, and handling executive misconduct for subsidiaries of German companies in Japan and workforce reduction, liquidation, and dormant status of German subsidiaries of Japanese companies.
- General Consultations on Personnel and Labor Matters
- Supported in English and German a variety of requests from foreign companies, including consultations on working hours and holidays, consultations on harassment and mental health, and updates on various regulations.
- Labor Litigation and Arbitration
- Representation in labor tribunal proceedings for Japanese subsidiaries of U.S. companies, and handling disputes with employees in Japanese subsidiaries of Canadian, German, and other companies.
- Personal Data Protection
- Immigration Law
- Provided support for obtaining status of residence for expatriates from U.S., German, and Swedish companies, as well as various other consultations related to the Immigration Control Act.
- Whistle Blowing and Grievance
- Responded to whistleblowing in a company listed on the First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Antitrust and Competition
- Advised a German company on issues under the Antimonopoly Act in agreements in which Japanese corporations were involved.