View in Japanese
Screen for print
- Admitted, 2000, Japan; 2006, New York
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Languages: Japanese, English
Masamichi Sakamoto has extensive experience counseling global clients of all sizes from emerging companies to major public companies across many industries. His practice encompasses all aspects of finance, real estate, and corporate law with a strong emphasis on cross-border transactions. Mr. Sakamoto also regularly counsels corporate clients on a wide variety of domestic and international transactions, among others, real estate investments, structured finance, asset financing involving aircraft, ships, and containers, renewable energy projects and cross border mergers and acquisitions.
General Corporate Corporate Governance / Shareholders Meeting Renewable Energy Banking and Other Financial Transactions Capital Markets Structured Finance, Acquisition Finance and Securitization Asset Management, Funds, Investment Trusts, J-REIT and Private Placement REIT Asset Finance Derivative Transactions Dispute Resolution in Financial Transaction and ADR Mergers and Acquisitions Real Estate Fund and REIT Real Estate Finance Real Estate Transactions Real Estate Dispute Cross-Border Transactions Foreign Direct Investment Cross-border Dispute Resolutions Asia
- Hashidate Law Office
- 2005 to Present
- City-Yuwa Partners
- Parr Brown Gee & Loveless (Salt Lake City, USA)
- Keio University (LL.B.)
- Legal Training and Research Institute
- Northwestern University School of Law (LL.M.)
- "World Law Group 2021 Global Venture Capital Guide" (co-author, World Law Group, January 2021)（PDF）
- "Establishing a financial institution in Japan" (co-author, in Practical Law, Thomson Reuters, September 2020)（PDF）
- "Companies Act Reform 2014: Can the new amendment to the Companies Act of Japan strengthen the corporate governance systems of Japanese listed companies? " (co-author, Japan Lawyers Guide 2014/15,Lexis Nexis , 2014)（PDF）
- Seminars –
■ Speaker at the "Understanding the ISDA Master Agreements Conference" (by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc.)/The session of the 2002 ISDA Master Agreement (June 2016)
■ Speaker, "How to Handle Cross Border Transaction for Beginner" seminar sponsored by Shojihomu Co., Ltd. (2016)
■ Speaker, "Basic and Practice on How to Handle Cross Border Transaction or Cross Border Dispute Matters for In-house Counsel," seminar sponsored by Shojihomu Co., Ltd. (2013/2014)
■ Listed in The Best Lawyers in Japan 2022 in the fields of Banking and Finance Law.
■ Listed in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 as Leading Lawyer for the areas of "Banking and Finance" and "Projects and Energy".
■ Listed in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2021 as leading individual in the fields of "Projects & Energy".
■ Listed in The Best Lawyers in Japan 2021 in the fields of Banking and Finance Law.
■ Listed in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 as Leading Lawyer for the areas of "Banking and Finance” and “Projects and Energy".